Since my post of “Why Did I Stop Buying Makeup?” I was thinking, now that I don’t consume new products, what should I do with my existing stash? And that is where I present you the “Project Pan” and why you should join in if you want to reduce your stash. Lemme explain what is it.
- You set a timeframe (let’s say one year, or one semester)
- Choose all the products that you want to use within that timeframe, set aside products for the face, for the eyes, lips, skincare and so on. Remember to pick products that you are going to be okay using for a long time, and products that you love (or hate but you want to finish)
- Use only the products that you set aside. (Remember not to buy any makeup during this time, unless you want it, or it is a product that you are within the necessities (mascara, eyeliner, etc.)
- To motivate you, you can take before/after pictures and compare them. If you need extra motivation, there is a lot of hashtags with #PanProject, and join the community. Also, I will love to see your progress.
- Once the timeline passed, you are free to pick more products to try or keep going until you hit the pan. Now, some people stop using powder products such as eyeshadow pallets once they hit one pan but feel free to adjust it, whether one pan, two pans, three pans … you got the idea.
- Repeat until you are satisfied with your progress
Remember that you can pick more than one product on each category, I cant use the same product for more than a week so, I will use 3-4 products of each category, and basically have fun with it.
I am planning to start this project monthly because I don’t believe that I have the commitment to go for a semester, but I have a lot of products that I need to start using. I want to begin in August and record my result, so feel free to join me and share your progress on my Instagram (@la.hija.del.soll) or my email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or I can create a new section for this website and share my progress here (let me know your thoughts).